Wednesday 1 February 2012

National Libraries Day


Feeling so guilty that I haven't posted on here since January 8th (hangs head in shame).

Excuses... blah blah blah... contributing to other blogs... arguing with my bank who have managed to lose a big chunk of my money and are taking 18 working days to restore it growl growl growl... writing (not as much as I should have been), discussing a contract for an exciting new series (yeah! More soon..) and, er... not quite sure what else.

But I'm pleased to announce that on Saturday 4th Feb it's National Libraries Day, and if ever anything needed a 'day', our national libraries do!

I'm going to be at two Coventry libraries, Bell Green and Tile Hill, giving talks on 'How to Write' with my friend and fellow writer, Ann Evans.

(The picture above shows an event in Coventry Central Library that Ann and I did, with the help of some enthusiastic pupils from King Henry VIII School, Coventry, last summer.)

The Bell Green event is 11am-12pm and the Tile Hill one is 1.30-3.30pm. There will be refreshments at the Tile Hill one, which is longer.

More details can be seen on the Coventry Council website.

If you are in the area, please do come along and take part. Ann and I will be speaking about our varied experiences in the world of writing and being published, and having several friendly arguments about the need to plan our stories and how to find time to write. There'll be plenty of time for questions and we'd love to hear about your writing experiences, too.

Hope to see you there.

Finally, I promise there'll be more reviews on here soon. And I need to tell you about my new series for 7-9s, and exciting developments with Charity's Child.

Happy reading, writing and everything else

Best wishes,

Rosalie

My website
One of my characters blogging - Brought Up By Ghosts

6 comments:

Ann Evans said...

Looking forward to celebrating National Libraries Day with you Rosalie. Ooh! And I hope your bank sorts your money out soon!!

Rosalie Warren said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to it, too.

The bank were most unhelpful until I started yelling at them!

suzy doodling said...

Interesting post Rosalie.

Rosalie Warren said...

Thanks, Suzy.

Patsy said...

I'll make a point of visiting my local library on Saturday - if it's still open after I finish work.

Rosalie Warren said...

Great, Patsy. Now if everyone would do that...